What type of table scraps are best for chickens?

but I know, please do not give them advocado (sp) or tomato plant leaves--( tomato is fine)--it is toxic and will kill them...Know there is a list posted here on BYC--not sure where but tells of poisons too chickens...very suprising of what not to feed to our "loved ones"...Please look up...

So from what I've read the main concern is protein deficiency and therefore scraps with higher protein content, provided it's not too salty, is the ideal type of scrap with greens any carbohydrates making up the filler and "snack" portion of their feed.
Would you agree with that?

Quote:
I dont feed mine garlic like a whole bulb... BUT we eat a LOT of garlic in our day to day life and the chickens also get all our table scraps.. so in turn they eat a higher then average garlic amount of garlic...

I sell my eggs and have waiting lists for them.. I have never had one person complain that there is a *taste* of garlic..... I feed peppers too green peppers red peppers they love them...

I have heard that garlic is a natural wormer... and i can say I have never had a problem with worms and my flock..

i give my 38 chickens all the table scraps and they love it!!!!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
bun.gif
droolin.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
bow.gif
love.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
droolin.gif

My girls love pasta and grapes and best of all, juicy plums. They even finished off the sweetcorn that my baby left after tea. It is trial and error really!

I give mine a variety.
Spaghetti is a HUGE hit
Watermelon, cantalope
and anything dark green like Broccoli and spinach.
Mine are still young so have not tried everything yet.

OH and I put screw eyes in corn on the cob to hang it in the run.

Back
Top Bottom