1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What video cams do you like?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by RoosterDon, Aug 29, 2016.

1. RoosterDon

RoosterDon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Something is getting my eggs during the day. I check every morning and night for predators, I got a snake yesterday. Today production is WAY off. I am convinced I have daytime visitors.

What video cams do you like and why? I am looking for wireless that will be motion censored. I can't imagine looking through an entire day of video footage, or fast forwarding, maybe with two cameras to get both nesting areas.

Obviously I am not up to date with technology, so is there an easy solution? Cost is not so much an option, ease of use and the fewest buttons possible is desired. I have my laptop online all day for work, so I guess with that and my cell I have "alert" access if there is such a thing.

BUT, I have 18 hens going in and out all day, so I imagine the motion sensor will be going off often. UGGGGGGGGG!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by