What vil i get if i cross a americanah hen vith any other bread of ...

zum would zay a MUTT........and that a real Easter Egger iz an Ameraucana bred with another Ameraucana of different feather colouring to give you a non-standard variety but one that will ztill lay u a blue egg. Otherwize, once you breed their (the combo you suggested) offspring to another non-blue egg layer, you risk the outcome of offspring with muffs and a beard who lay brown or white eggs (whatever the colour egg gene the rooster is) and therefore no longer an Easter Egger.....

Vut do you sink of zat?

Quote:
zunk you very mooch.

Ok, I just can't leave this alone. 1st_chicken, your signature line reads very "normal" for lack of a better word, please do tell, what's with the "accent" in your post's?
idunno.gif

are you talking about crossing an ameracuna with an ameracuna?

in this case you will still have ameracuna BUT they wont be standared color verity now if you cross an ameracuna with some other breed then wou will get an easter egger. if i am understandig you right

Quote:
zunk you very mooch.

Ok, I just can't leave this alone. 1st_chicken, your signature line reads very "normal" for lack of a better word, please do tell, what's with the "accent" in your post's?
idunno.gif

it makes it very hard to understand what the actuall question is...

Quote:
The real question is, do you know your Ameraucanas are actually purebred Ameraucanas?
wink.png
Ameraucana crossed with anything but another Ameraucana of its color is called an "Easter Egger," a mutt, however most places such as ANY hatchery, feedstore, and most local backyard breeders sell such mutts, despite whatever claims they make of them being Americanas, Americaunas, whatever you call them.

So, if you have Easter Eggers, then you'll just make more Easter Eggers, no matter what you breed them to.

If you have true Ameraucanas, then, you'll make Easter Eggers if you out-cross them. If you do Ameraucana x Ameraucana, you get Ameraucanas.
smile.png

Quote:
idunno.gif

it makes it very hard to understand what the actuall question is...

LOL. I was letting my grandma use my account last night. and she just dosen't speak english very well. she actually says things that way, and insists on typing them like that too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom