What was I thinking?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Struttn1, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    I put turkey eggs in the incubator about 4 weeks ago and now they are hatching. This is not good. Anybody interested in Bourbon Red poults? [​IMG]

2. robbdebbie

robbdebbie Professional Chicken Bather

Jun 18, 2009
    Madisonville, LA
    Yeah, I am thinking the same thing right about now. I have 4 poults in a brooder. What to do with them. I got all excited about turkeys, and now I am a little worried about where to put them.

3. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Wish i lived close by! I'd love to have em'! [​IMG]

4. Struttn1

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    I guess I will have to totally enclose the brooder cage and hope we do not have a power failure for at least 3 months.

5. longranger

longranger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    laguna hills CA
    Ok I will say the unacceptable and am kidding but by now they have way more meat and taste better than most quail or chukar. Eat them. NOOOOOOO. Mail them to me for the cost of the box and shipping.[​IMG]

6. Struttn1

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    Only got two so not enough to ship. I would give them to someone who is close enough to come get them.

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Quote:You are an absolute glutton for punishment, aren't you??? [​IMG] [​IMG] I can't believe you said that! Not about eating them. Those babies feel really good to me too! I feel their little drumsticks and think... hmmmmmm... mmmmMMMMMMMmmmmmm!!!! Nah...

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We did the same thing except with peafowl, We have a trio of white peachicks, and a pair of emerald spauldings that are going to need extra care this winter. It's not near as cold here as it is where you are but I'm really hoping ours don't end up in the living room roosting beside the fire place. lol

Steve in NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by