What was the best present you ever got?

A few years ago for Chanukah my grandaughters embroidered me some dish towels.

2008DishTowelsbyKatieandgirls03emai.jpg

2008DishTowelsbyKatieandgirls01emai.jpg

I cherish them. One year my husband got me a Thomas Kinkade Screen Saver. I love having his paintings on my computer screen!

Last edited:
Dec 15 1999, we received a call from the hospital that they had a baby for us. We brought him home Dec17. I can't remember any other gift from that year. We didn't even bother with a tree. After 10 years of waiting, who cared. Made 1 batch of cookies on Christmas eve till 4am while holding a screaming baby. (4 leaf clover cutouts. I couldn't find the Christmas cutters. ) In the morning everyone thought it was so funny that we were both covered with green frosting. 11 years later, I still cry thinking about that year. The generosity of that mother changed our lives forever.

When I was, oooh, 11? - I got a little toy Ceratosaurus (dinosaur) - They're not easy to find, especially now these days with all the pop culture defeating educational toys, and not only was it my favorite dinosaur but it led me into the imagination, stories, and passion for things like computer animation that I have today.
smile.png

i didnt ever really have much christmas as a kid... i have to say that as a adult the christmases are much better.

this year is on the top of my list

my hubby is home!!
and he bought me a nook!!

YAY!

i am loving feeling like a family again
smile.png

One year, I was in my mid-teens and had outgrown Santa. I told my mom all I wanted for Christmas was this black onyx ring. Lots of wonderful gifts that year but no ring. Setting at the dining room table at my brothers house my pop asks me if I got all I wanted for christmas. yeah, well (sounding like Ralphie when he didn't think he had his Red Ryder BB Gun) Only to be surpised as he pulled the ring out of his coat pocket!!!

Since being married, I have always tried to make my DH's holidays special. As a kid growing up, it always seemed to him that someone always died on a holiday or his birthday. All celebrations had to be subdued. I go out as much as I can for him. One year, when I first learned how to quilt, I made him Carolina Tarheels quilt. It's all done by hand. I had no idea what I was doing. I even used a prequilted back fabric. I worked on this quilt every time he was at work. Missing serveral days a week for his days off. I got it done just before Christmas. He was beyond surprised.

Back
Top Bottom