What were U doing at 5am?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rooster0209, Apr 12, 2009.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    One Doxie sleeps in the bed. I woke up to her dry heaving. Quickly put her in the floor...thank god for the pee pad there...and listened to her puke. Pu her back in bed, for her to place herself dead center, on top of the covers so I could hear her stomach growl and gurgle.

Then second doxie who is on prednisone needed to go potty, in a hurry. She didnt need to go when the puking was going on. No, it was when I got back in bed and got comfortable.

Fur babies, you gotta love 'em

Happy Easter to all!

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I was outside with my cocker spaniel puppy---everyday-around that time--sleeps all night from 10-5am then really needs to go peeee.....glad to know someone is up with me!

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I got up at 5:30, had some candy, then realized I didn't have to get up that early, so I went to bed.

4. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    i was SLEEPING like a rational person. woke up at 8 30 and jacked an easter egg from the basket and ate the candy in it XD

5. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Lucky you! My cat got me up at 2:00 a.m. to let her outside.
    At 5:00 a.m. I was hitting the snooze button just one last time before getting up to get ready for Easter Sunrise Service.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i got up and brought DH some iced tea and then my little one came for the umpfteeth time to tell me that the easter bunny stole her chicken.

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Taking pain killers....... hoping that I could also go back to sleep.....

8. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Getting whined at by a Newfoundland who absolutely needed to go out to piddle.

Then, getting clawed at by an irate cat who wanted her bowl filled.

Then, when I tried to crawl back into bed, I got snored at by DH. Kicking him didn't help, he just snored more. LOUD.

Finally gave up and made breakfast: eggs, cornmeal pancakes, fried apples, lemon coffee cake.

DH had the nerve to ask me why I didn't sleep in today... [​IMG]

9. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Also up with furbabies.

One dry heaving / sneezing siamese...
    ...and one fifty pound, dry heaving boxer that eventually managed to empty her gut of everything she'd eaten in two days...

...and then whined for food.

10. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well at 5:30am yesterday I was listening to a 3.5 week old campine roo who figured out he could crow. Sounded a lot like those old dolls that cried when you turned them over. Of course I crawled out of my warm bed to go check it out. He would stand on his tippy toes, stretch out his neck and then make his horrible high-pitched strangled sound. He was quite proud of himself.
    This morning at 5:30am I was happily asleep as the tiny rooster went to his new home yesterday. His new mom likely was awake though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by