What will I need?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by cskotek, Mar 25, 2013.

1. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

What would I need to go up against a zoning board in the future "if" needed?
    I have started a record book in a plain notebook of when/who/what/ contact info about my ducks! Also if any got sick how they where treated ect. I have also started to keep my receipts of feed I bought, medical supplies, ect. What else can I add???
    I want to have everything ready for "if" that day comes! I am also prepared to go around to the neighbors to have a petition signed :)
    Also where can I find the exact ordnance's/ what is/ what isn't allowed of my area?

2. countrygoddess

countrygoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

You should be able to find livestock ordinance information on your city/town's website. I recently wanted to look up the ordinance for the city of Burlington, VT to compare it to the ordinance of my friend's city of Winooski, so I did a Google search for "chicken ordinance Burlington Vermont" and found it immediately in the results.

3. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks.
    Seems stupid of me to ask, but I was just curious if there is anything I didn't already know. Thanks again! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by