What will my duckling look like?

Kaianuanu

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 25, 2012
I was told by the seller that I had a Pekin/Campbell cross. But, i looked at ducklings of both breeds on google and it looks like neither. I personally don't want a white duck, i'd like something that looks like a wild duck. He looks just like a rouen duckling though. I actually really wanted a rouen too. So does anyone know what to expect from a pekin/campbell cross? Is there even a chance that he really is a pekin/campbell cross w/ these markings? The link below contains a picture.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u323/kaianuanu/1415b5c1.jpg

Last edited:
That's a picture of your duckling? It's hard to believe that's a Pekin/Campbell cross. It's too dark. It looks more like a Rouen or a mallard. That color is called Gray. Regardless of what it's parents were, a duckling that color will most likely have Gray markings, like a Rouen or a mallard. It won't be white for sure. But you won't know exactly what it's going to look like until it grows adult feathers.

I was told by the seller that I had a Pekin/Campbell cross. But, i looked at ducklings of both breeds on google and it looks like neither. I personally don't want a white duck, i'd like something that looks like a wild duck. He looks just like a rouen duckling though. I actually really wanted a rouen too. So does anyone know what to expect from a pekin/campbell cross? Is there even a chance that he really is a pekin/campbell cross w/ these markings? The link below contains a picture.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u323/kaianuanu/1415b5c1.jpg
Looks like Rouen to me.

I wont be upset if he turns out white, but its not like i would have bought a pure pekin either. I probably wouldnt have bought him if he was all yellow though. Anyway, is it even possible for a duck with this color down to end up white? Also, im thinking maybe it was a campbell female and the sire is not completely certain, it might even be a wild mallard.

Last edited:
Your cute little duckling will NOT be all white. It will have some brown colors in it and maybe more! It will be a beautiful duck!

Last edited:
It looks like a rouen duckling to me.This duckling will not be white when its older, it may have a few spots on it that might be white but overall it wont be.

Here is a picture of a khaki cambell and a pekin mixed. Your duck is not going to be all white.
2598a2c_23.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom