What will my roosters think of my guinea hens?

Camry08

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
So i have 4 roosters that have been separated from my hens (at the time only had 4 hens). This spring I got 8 more pullets and two guinea keets that have been raised together. They now live with the older hens and all is well. I’m also positive that my two guinea hens are female. What will my boys think of the guinea hens? Will they treat them as ladies? Will the guinea hens even allow themselves to be claimed by a specific rooster? (ya know how Roos have “their” girls).

So i have 4 roosters that have been separated from my hens (at the time only had 4 hens). This spring I got 8 more pullets and two guinea keets that have been raised together. They now live with the older hens and all is well. I’m also positive that my two guinea hens are female. What will my boys think of the guinea hens? Will they treat them as ladies? Will the guinea hens even allow themselves to be claimed by a specific rooster? (ya know how Roos have “their” girls).
My neighbor has guineas, Brahma chickens, and my little silkie rooster she took off my hands. Her guineas who are half the size of her Brahmas, killed two of her 20 hens. That was about 6 months ago and no further incidents have happened. Her guineas keep to themselves. My little rooster stays away from them she says and they don't bother him.

You don't plan on putting those 4 males back in with all the females, do you?
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Guineas take a whole different set of 'rules' than chickens and can be very aggressive and territorial. Might want to read up on them here ... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/guinea-fowl.45/

Back
Top Bottom