What would a Barred rock x White leghorn cross look like?

A majority of them end up being white or white with black here & there. I did a mass hatch back in Jan. and I have a BR rooster & 4 leghorn hens. There’s some other crosses pictured, but most of the white ones are the BRxLeghorn while some are BRxISA Brown
Thanks! They are beautiful!

Hi I have a friend with a barred rock roo and was wondering what the babies would turn out like if I bred him with my white leghorn hen? What color egg? What color would the birds be? Has anyone ever done this cross before?
I actually have a one :)
Here is noodles, my ghost barred cockerel at 16 wks. He was completely white until about 8 weeks, he has a couple black feathers, and the barring is actually pretty noticeable.
F76B0EFA-DEE3-4530-BE0B-C952797F33CB.jpeg

He’s gorgeous!!!
I’m going to make some attempts at replication, although I lost a hen and I’m unsure if she was the mom, it was either her or a Delaware because the eggs look similar to my Delaware,poppy’s, eggs but the egg he hatched out of was bigger. So he is very pretty but he might actually be a Delaware cross not a leghorn cross. Even with that, that is still what a ghost barred chicken looks like.

Back
Top Bottom