What would a Barred rock x White leghorn cross look like?

Cinnamon11

Songster
May 18, 2020
California
A majority of them end up being white or white with black here & there. I did a mass hatch back in Jan. and I have a BR rooster & 4 leghorn hens. There’s some other crosses pictured, but most of the white ones are the BRxLeghorn while some are BRxISA Brown
Thanks! They are beautiful!

Chickpalooza

Chirping
May 20, 2021
Hi I have a friend with a barred rock roo and was wondering what the babies would turn out like if I bred him with my white leghorn hen? What color egg? What color would the birds be? Has anyone ever done this cross before?
I actually have a one :)
Here is noodles, my ghost barred cockerel at 16 wks. He was completely white until about 8 weeks, he has a couple black feathers, and the barring is actually pretty noticeable.
F76B0EFA-DEE3-4530-BE0B-C952797F33CB.jpeg

Chickpalooza

Chirping
May 20, 2021
He’s gorgeous!!!
I’m going to make some attempts at replication, although I lost a hen and I’m unsure if she was the mom, it was either her or a Delaware because the eggs look similar to my Delaware,poppy’s, eggs but the egg he hatched out of was bigger. So he is very pretty but he might actually be a Delaware cross not a leghorn cross. Even with that, that is still what a ghost barred chicken looks like.

Top Bottom