what would a cochin bantamXphoenix bantam look like?

thechickenguy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
woodsfield ohio 43793
my broody bantam buff cochin just let her babies go a few days ago and her comb is turning red again,she is squating for the roo and she is yelling alot. rawww rawww raww rawwwwwwwww. the phoenix mates with her and i was wondering once she starts laying eggs what there babies would look like. buff cochin bantam hen X silver phoenix bantam rooster.?
thechickenguy.

I don't know what they will look like, but the tail length would be inbetween the phoenix's and the cochin's. It would also have a single comb. I imagine it would turn out to be a great looking bird!
Post Pics when they hatch I would like to see!

Quote:
well she just layed an egg. im going to let her lay a cluth of them,just to see if she'll go broody on them.
i knew she was getting close. im so happy. now if only my phoenix would lay an egg. she got in the nest and the rooster gets in the nest and calls her and clucks to her to let her know this is a good spot but she hasnt laid yet. hopefully soon so then ill get some full blooded phoenixs!!!!

Last edited:
You would have a start on some ohiki typed birds. Thats how ohikis were made from originally crossing, selecting and crossing somemore from Onagadori and Cochins and since we have no true Onags here in the US, Phoenix and the few good Onag desendants would be what would have to be used. As far as color, the pullets would be silver colored and the roos would have more of a silver pattern with a yellowish sheen over the silver. They should be really cool looking birds.

Back
Top Bottom