What would be a good BACKYARD DUCK..other than scovy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SamG347, Jan 25, 2009.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I love scovys dont get me wrong...but I like the classic look of other duck breeds more. We live on about 2 acres but in a small neighborhood. Is there any breed other than a scovy that is relatively quiet??? My own and the only neighbhor who has ever complained hated my roosters crowing....so not sure he would appreciated ducks always quacking either. I love all poultry sounds and cant wait to move out and get my own place away from this guy. But would like a change up to chickens. And love ducks.
    Thanks! And I really like Welsch Harlequins.....any insight on them?

[​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    There is a WH thread around here somewhere. Duckmonk highly recommends them.

Of my different breeds of ducks, the loudest is my Buff. She likes the sound of her own quack!

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

my ducks quack, they're mallard/swedish mixes, but they're pretty quiet... it's my goose that the neighbors notice ( we have 5 acres)... the goose sounds really carry!

4. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    A guy I know locally that has ducks has some 1-2 yeart old Khaki Campbells....I think I might end up getting a trio from him. He lives on half an acre and said his neighbors dont complain.....so maybe they would work for me.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by