What would do that?

The poop should tell you... take a pic of it hehheee
Bats do not have pelleted poop, if it's owls you'll see larger
pellets that they spit up that are filled with bones and fur/feathers of what they ate. But pellets sound like a rodent... could just be big rats... they'd definitely tear up the insulation. It's really not good to have them in there, bats would actually be a plus.. anything else.. i'd move them out.

Quote:
Only mentioned the starling because of the nesting materials mentioned and that some birds like the starlings and grackles will take the fecal matter from their young and cover it with a sacklike membrane that they take away from their nests. It may resemble a pellet?

Bats do too have pelleted poop. I've got them in plain view in my shed and the turds look like large mouse pellets.
You've got flying squirrels, I would bet money on it. They're cute little buggars. I'd leave them in there, just b/c that's the way I am. I have a shrew that lives in my indoor wood box.

Mrs.Puff :

Bats do too have pelleted poop. I've got them in plain view in my shed and the turds look like large mouse pellets.
You've got flying squirrels, I would bet money on it. They're cute little buggars. I'd leave them in there, just b/c that's the way I am. I have a shrew that lives in my indoor wood box.

Cute yes but ANY rodent will eventually chew its way into the rest of the house. If fo no other reason than to find food. With out any pics, my money is on field mice.​

Mice could be a culprit, but they usually don't go up 15 or 20 feet in the air to get in your house. You could also listen for the tell-tale "thump" of the squirrel smacking the side of your house or roof when they land.

i'm told that bat poop. .. what do they call it? oh yeah, guano. .. bat guano has a distinct and disdainful odor. usually people who have a bat infestation eventually start to notice the horrible smell of the bat guano.

my husband did a lot of what they call "bat exclusions" to get the bats out of peoples' attics at his old job, and he said the smell of the bat guano is something you will never forget.

Back
Top Bottom