What would do this kind of damage? UPDATE POST #65!

You know what? If that thing doesn't have a tail it could also be a bobcat or something else of the feline family. The way it is walking is very cat-like to me, and looks too small to be a coyote.

The resemblance is uncanny:

Edit: I take that back. I think it's a coon. Here's an enhanced picture of your critter

I think I see a hint of a ringed tail there
Bob cats do not look black on a trail cam photos taken at night nor do coons red foxes, yotes or possums.

That black thing by the feeder is a black chicken i culled and placed there to see who would come eat, the possium was the only one. when you see black on a trail cam photo it is black not gray.

Last edited:
I agree as I have ir cameras and coons come out grayish. Note the time he is coming and go hunting an hour before. I have motion sensers that let me sleep till they come. You can buy $30.00 sensers.

Last night I caught a picture of my neighbors dog, who is a Jack Russel. I'm pretty certain he is the one in the picture. I don't think he is the one that has been bothering my coop though. My dog knows him and wouldn't bark all hysterical at him. I cleared out the SD card and set the camera up again to see what I get tonight.

Must be a JRT mixed with some other breed or a Heinz 57, because that trailcam snap looks nothing like a JRT.

The legs don't scream coon to me, but more people are saying coon so I guess it could be a coon.

My guess is a small coyote or a very malnourished German Shepherd juvenile (3-5 mos old)

...but that's just a guess, I'm not a trail cam expert. :p

Last edited:
Your dog barking so insistently tells me it's something besides another dog. I think your dog knows it's something different and perhaps dangerous. If the picture you posted is not the critter, it could be one of several predators - fox, coyote, coon or bobcat! Whatever, hope we get to see it on the cam tomorrow and I hope it doesn't get in to your chickens.

Wow that's just Crazy! one time my sister coulden't sleep and she herd Brooster rooster crowing at 3:00 in the morning! she went to see witha gun and therewas a cat on top of Sunshine! She yelled HEY! and the cat ran into the wall.it was dazzed and so wasen't moving. so she pumped it 20 time's and she shot it in the butt!
yesss.gif
and it ran out and ran into a piece of a Wood.hannah shot it again it ran into the Feild and disapeared. hannah was Trimbaling. She told the owner's they sead to bad I say well to bad for them we are going to shoot it and feed it to the dog's and bring the owner's the owner's the Remane's.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom