What would I hear if my duck had a respiratory infection

cat1994

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Southeast MO
I don't think my duck has a respiratory infection, but I would like to know what it can sound like if my duck did have a respiratory infection. Is it like a popping or a wheezing or both or not that at all? Thanks to anyone that helps!

You would be able to tell from others signs as well if your duck was sick. Lethargic, off their food and labored breathing are some signs of a respiratory infection. If they have an infection and you can pick it up and hold your ear to their chest- you can hear the difference when they breath- but they can also sound a bit congested if the nostrils are blocked as well.

Thanks for your help
big_smile.png

also watch for constant head shakes side to side, swollen eyes, watery or foamy eyes, or frequent scratching around the eyes.
Most folks know quicker by watching the eyes than listening to them breathe. The sinus cavities of all birds run right under their eyeballs, so when they get congested, their eyes show it, watch for those visual signs and you wont have to catch them all the time to check

Back
Top Bottom