What would you change about your coop if you could?

Oh that's neat! I made something similar but I had the panels place on their sides and I bent it to a semicircle and fenced the top. I don't have any pics of it though

Thanks, I got the idea from this forum. I used clear shower curtains as a cover. Just used 3 panels. 2 to bend for the sides and cut the other in half for the ends. We secured both ends so they can open like doors. I'm going to hang some more plants in the top and add another perch. The best part is my peeps get off the sand and in the grass to do what they do, forage.

I bought clear shower curtains. $5.88. I don't know how long they'll hold up but they work for now. I'll look for something sturdier and when the shower curtains determinate I'll just replace them. I have plenty of shade trees in my yard so I didn't feel the need for a tarp. We could have made it wider but we wanted to make sure we could stand in it. It's pretty tall. Hanging plants gives it some appeal. Going to get a couple more.

Thanks everybody!!
clap.gif
I am so excited to build it!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

besides the "BUILD IT BIGGER"

I would say you really need to put in a poop tray with sand and or sweet PDZ. In a very small coop you can just cover the entire floor of the coop in the Sweet PDZ.

I have a tiny mobile coop, where the coop part is only 4 feet by 3 feet, and that has the entire floor just PDZ.

Our coop, the actual roost & nest area of the enclosure is 4x3 we still put in a poop board. It's actually a caddy. It's got sand and. PDZ. My peeps don't soil the floor or the nest boxes. Poop board saves the day.

Thanks! I was thinking about putting in a poop board! What is PDZ? Is it like kitty litter? Where do you buy it? I am planning for their coop to be about the size of your coops!

Back
Top Bottom