What would you do? Chicks or pullets

Heey peeps I need your opinions.
Last summer my flock of 2 hens and 4 pullets died of mareks ( confirmed by vet trough necropsie) and i am ready to start over again. I want vaccinated birds, becouse last time we werent able to narrow down were it came from. I have 2 sources to get them 1 i can get pullets ready to lay for €30 a bird or 2 i can get 10 unsexed chicks for €30 but i dont have a heatplate.
What would you do?
i would buy them from a hatchery, vaccinated. 30 euros seems crazy per chicken. order them directly from the hatchery...i’ve never bought chickens at a store or anywhere aside from a hatchery. what kind of chickens are you buying, svart honas? ;)

i would buy them from a hatchery, vaccinated. 30 euros seems crazy per chicken. order them directly from the hatchery...i’ve never bought chickens at a store or anywhere aside from a hatchery. what kind of chickens are you buying, svart honas? ;)
I wish i could do that but their are no hatcheries around here. Those 2 options are my only resources for vaccinated birds. I have mareks on my property so i don't want to taka a chance with unvaccinated birds.
Not sure wich breed i want exept that i want bantams.

No sexed vaccinated chicks around here, i am coniddering bying a heatplate, no fire hazard.
There weren't sexed vaccinated chicks near me either. Plenty of reputable hatcheries sell day old chicks by mail order. Our post office called us for pick up and only one chick out of a shipment of 10 didn't survive. You just need to have everything set up before arrival so that you can get them drinking and eating soon out of the box.

There weren't sexed vaccinated chicks near me either. Plenty of reputable hatcheries sell day old chicks by mail order. Our post office called us for pick up and only one chick out of a shipment of 10 didn't survive. You just need to have everything set up before arrival so that you can get them drinking and eating soon out of the box.
Not here, I am in The Netherlands.

Back
Top Bottom