What would you do? complaining neighbor

Fast forward 6 months. I get a visit from the local animal control officer. Apparently my chickens were bothering my neighbor when he was in his garden. (they made to much noise and he said they stink) Control officer did his walk around and made sure everything was up to snuff. Tipped his hat and wished me a good day. But before he left, I asked him what I should do about neighbor.

He said...and I quote...

"Your not in any kind of violation. I have chickens of my own, and they don't live as well as yours do. Your neighbor just likes to complain about anything. Last month he was at the town office complaining about seagulls. Get yourself a rooster. Your girls need some protection."

Haven't seen or heard from the animal control officer again. But I do hear from the neighbor about my rooster now :D

Now I don't recommend you going down that road. Pissing off the neighbor usually isn't the way to go.
I love it. Every time I read these I thank God that my only neighbors close are across the road and they're great.

We have dogs here too, that's why the girls a fenced in. It's hard living in such a dense area which makes it even more vital that we talk to each other, right? I don't know. Seems wrong to tell someone one all's good and then march down to town hall saying the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom