What would you put in your ideal coop?

Country Gal

Songster
12 Years
Feb 2, 2007
Capac, MI
I just got into chickens last year and did NOT expect to get addicted like I have! I originally built a relatively small and simple coop and run.

For my birthday this year, my husband got me a book on building chicken coops. I guess this means that he's forgiven me for making him build last year's coop and he's ready for another carpentry project???

Anyways, I'm trying to think of what my ideal chicken coop would be and I'm looking for ideas so I don't leave out anything important...

So far, I know I need to greatly increase size. I also want it to be divided into multiple sections so I can have younger chickens in the same building with the older chickens before integrating them. (I hatched a bunch of eggs in the fall, and my husband was NOT happy spending the winter with our garage full of chickens!) I will also keep a rake and shovel in the coop, and some kind of food storage area.

What would you put in your ideal coop???

What would you put in your ideal coop???

Chickens
lau.gif

I went to Sutherlands today and purchased an 8x12 wooden shed that my DH and I are gonna build and make into a chicken coop. I'm hoping it will be big enough for chicks (17). If not he'll have to add on to it, lol.

if you want 2 or 3 sections.id build a 24 by 24.that way you can have 2 by 24s or 3 8 by24 areas.how meny chickens you want to max out at.in ea section you could have 50 hens.

Back
Top Bottom