Whatcha Making for Supper?

Thanks!

Anytime you are ready I'm ready.
Okay sooooooo,
Whatever kind of meat you want ( I don't think poultry would do good but who knows) cut into bit size pieces as in the pic.
I put it in a bowl and put salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder and cajun seasoning (Tony chacheres) and mix it good and put it in the fridge to marry an hour or two. Meanwhile
Cut up an onion I use a large white don't know why I just use white anyway dice that up with a bell pepper usually celery (that's what we call the trinity down here, onion cereal and bell pepper is default for practilly everything) didn't this time didn't have any.
Put some vegetable oil in a frying pan just enough to cover the bottom. Med to medium high heat let get hot then put the meat in. Let it brown up real good take out and put aside
Add more oil enough to be about an 1/8" inch or so (sorry I don't measure I just do it) let it heat up scraping the bits off the bottom gotta use the bits. After it's hot put about equal amount of flour. Constantly stir till it gets like chocolate about 20 mins if you don't keep stirring and it burns its ruined don't use it start over with just clean oil. That's a roux and is the base of basically everything I cook.
You want it about like this

Screenshot_20221212-183435_Gallery.jpg
(not a frying pan cause I was making red beans)
After that add about half the trinity and a head of smashed garlic. I use a meat tenderizer to smash my garlic as opposed to cutting it up. Smashing gets the oils out alot better.
Saute the trinity in the the roux for a few minutes till its withered and not hard anymore. In a pot add that and the meat and the rest of the trinity and more salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and more cajun seasoning about 6 or so inches deep and cook down for a few hours. The longer the better. When it cooks all the way down to a thick gravy put it over rice and enjoy.
It's good too

Okay sooooooo,
Whatever kind of meat you want ( I don't think poultry would do good but who knows) cut into bit size pieces as in the pic.
I put it in a bowl and put salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder and cajun seasoning (Tony chacheres) and mix it good and put it in the fridge to marry an hour or two. Meanwhile
Cut up an onion I use a large white don't know why I just use white anyway dice that up with a bell pepper usually celery (that's what we call the trinity down here, onion cereal and bell pepper is default for practilly everything) didn't this time didn't have any.
Put some vegetable oil in a frying pan just enough to cover the bottom. Med to medium high heat let get hot then put the meat in. Let it brown up real good take out and put aside
Add more oil enough to be about an 1/8" inch or so (sorry I don't measure I just do it) let it heat up scraping the bits off the bottom gotta use the bits. After it's hot put about equal amount of flour. Constantly stir till it gets like chocolate about 20 mins if you don't keep stirring and it burns its ruined don't use it start over with just clean oil. That's a roux and is the base of basically everything I cook.
You want it about like this

View attachment 3348239 (not a frying pan cause I was making red beans)
After that add about half the trinity and a head of smashed garlic. I use a meat tenderizer to smash my garlic as opposed to cutting it up. Smashing gets the oils out alot better.
Saute the trinity in the the roux for a few minutes till its withered and not hard anymore. In a pot add that and the meat and the rest of the trinity and more salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and more cajun seasoning about 6 or so inches deep and cook down for a few hours. The longer the better. When it cooks all the way down to a thick gravy put it over rice and enjoy.
It's good too

Thanks so much!

I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I have a substitute that I think would be good with this.

Back
Top Bottom