Whatchagot Swap - Plants, Eggs or ? **PLEASE READ 1ST POST FOR RULES**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to make a comment relevant to me only. I've enjoyed the swapping very much, what I haven't enjoyed is seeing someone accept a swap and place what they have to offer up and then suddenly two or three or more "side swaps" pop up and it takes the attention off the legitimate swap. If you have something to swap, accept what is offered and put up your swap, but it's rude to put up side swaps when there is a swap on the board. To me that says "I don't want it, but I wan't to play so I'm cutting in line" just like my young students.
How can we fix this?

I agree about getting all swapped out. I think sideswapping is ok as long as the side swapper posts the current swap so we don't have to go back and look for the current offer. I think with the time limit of 12 hrs we feel rushed. We could all agree to put this swap on hold or just leave it open like the egg swap. It is very fun swapping but I know (this is just me) I have swapped about 8 or so things and I need to stop for awhile. I am still waiting on 3 things. I have had lots of fun but I am just going to watch for awhile!
big_smile.png
Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
Hmm... sorry about all the side swaps, I just 'needed' to get my eggs and get them in the bator. I apologize if anyone thought it was rude, I thought side swaps were allowed, since there was nothing against it in the 'rules'.

However...

I will accept the clicky lights offered by Writer. I could use them for under my cabinets for a countertop night light.

I offer:

A body ball - used once.
2696508973_70657845a5.jpg

OR
Baby Lilac Bush Starts
2661011335_b7fab3dbe1.jpg

That's all I got.
lol.png

It's not rude to do side swaps in my opinion. If someone has some things they would like to get rid of then why not? I thought it had been discussed in the past that as long you put side swap in bold letters then there should be no confusion. On the regular swap there is some good items but some things just don't appeal to others and if they have some stuff to trade I think Side Swaps are fine. That's only my opinion. Since this is BDR's thread she is the one who gets to decide that.

Kim

What color is the lilac bush?

I sure don't think there is a need to apologize!
I too thought side trades were welcome. I think they are just a way for two people to connect and trade things they both want. I don't think side trades take away from the offer that is up and most of the time they add a little excitement when things are slow.
Just my opinion......

Maybe a separate thread for side swaps? One could just post what they have to swap, and what they are looking for to swap.

Then if someone has what the person is looking for and wants what the other person has to offer, they do the swap between themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom