What's blooming at your place?

Can I be weird and show of my native wetland rushes that are in bloom? All my spring wildflowers are done and now I am waiting for the summer ones to start.

Attachments

• PXL_20210617_133058620.jpg
    PXL_20210617_133058620.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20210617_133050060.jpg
    PXL_20210617_133050060.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 2
Can I be weird and show of my native wetland rushes that are in bloom? All my spring wildflowers are done and now I am waiting for the summer ones to start.

Those are pretty cool! I don't think we have many wetland areas where I live. I will have to pay better attention when I see cat tails....there may be far more to see.

Very bright and cheerful flowers there!

Those are pretty cool! I don't think we have many wetland areas where I live. I will have to pay better attention when I see cat tails....there may be far more to see.

I am turning my ditch back into a proper wetland so that is why I planted them there.

A lot of wetlands get overrun by cattails because of poor hydrology and that two different species of cattails have hybridized to make a very aggressive hybrid that can make monocultures. A healthy wetland will still have cattails, but should also have a beautiful assortment of grasses, sedges and rushes. I have some more of sedges starting to bloom elsewhere in my yard. I'll take a few pictures and show them off here.

I am turning my ditch back into a proper wetland so that is why I planted them there.

A lot of wetlands get overrun by cattails because of poor hydrology and that two different species of cattails have hybridized to make a very aggressive hybrid that can make monocultures. A healthy wetland will still have cattails, but should also have a beautiful assortment of grasses, sedges and rushes. I have some more of sedges starting to bloom elsewhere in my yard. I'll take a few pictures and show them off here.

Well there's my new thing learned today.

So many invasive plants like tumble weeds that are not native creating issues. :(

Back
Top Bottom