What's considered "Day 1"?

TwistedPines

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 21, 2014
Colorado Springs
I set my eggs on a Saturday evening about 6pm or so, just over 2 weeks ago. It's supposed to be lock down this week, but does Saturday still count as day 1 or would that be the Sunday following?

In my mind, Sunday would actually be day 1 so I would count from there, meaning that today is day 15, not 16.

That sound right to anyone else?

Thanks,

You don't have to time things down to the minute. As long as you are reasonably close you will be fine.

I have had to increase humidity while moving peeping eggs out of the turner many times before, and even had some hatch in the turner. So timing does not have to be exact.

Last edited:
I set my eggs on a Saturday evening about 6pm or so, just over 2 weeks ago. It's supposed to be lock down this week, but does Saturday still count as day 1 or would that be the Sunday following?

In my mind, Sunday would actually be day 1 so I would count from there, meaning that today is day 15, not 16.

That sound right to anyone else?

Thanks,
It depends on who you ask....BUT...the way it SHOULD be done (and I will argue this one until I am blue in the face) is no matter what time you set the eggs they do not start day one until 24 hours later. So if you set them Sat evening at 6pm then Sunday evening at 6pm they start day 1 and Monday evening at 6pm they start day 2 and so on. Basically if you set them on a Saturday you expect them to hatch three weeks later on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom