What's for Breakfast?

Pics
Choco-chaï tea, coffee, bread with ewe yogurt, half an apple, walnuts, wasas, tahini and honey. And a slice of garlic&rosemary focaccia left over from dinner.

View attachment 3106804

Learnt something, I never heard of grits before ☺️.
Grits is like ground cornmeal that you put in boiling water and it turns into an oatmeal consistency. I usually eat it with salt, pepper, and butter but some people put sugar in it to make it sweet.

Is ewe yogurt common there? Your breakfast looks delightful.
It became very common about fifteen years ago, in my village we have a local farmer that delivers it every two weeks. It's unusual in France to have it for breakfast, and I'm the only person I've ever met to eat it on bread 🙂.

Grits is like ground cornmeal that you put in boiling water and it turns into an oatmeal consistency. I usually eat it with salt, pepper, and butter but some people put sugar in it to make it sweet.
Yes, I looked it up! We only have polenta here, I'm not sure it's exactly the same texture as cornmeal, I believe it's more coarse. It sounds nice for breakfast!

It became very common about fifteen years ago, in my village we have a local farmer that delivers it every two weeks. It's unusual in France to have it for breakfast, and I'm the only person I've ever met to eat it on bread 🙂.

Yes, I looked it up! We only have polenta here, I'm not sure it's exactly the same texture as cornmeal, I believe it's more coarse. It sounds nice for breakfast!
Ah I have only heard of polenta from cooking shows but I‘ve heard from others that it is basically the same thing

Back
Top Bottom