What's going on under this scab? *graphic image*

BaileyP

Chirping
Apr 14, 2021
ANOTHER bumblefoot post- sorry!

Midge, my rescue Pekin, has had a couple of epsom salt soaks the past couple of days after noticing a scab on her foot. I've been through this before so I'm confident with how to treat bumblefoot, but upon removing the scab, there doesn't seem to be any sign of infection. She's a rescue and when we got her she already had several swollen tissue bumps on both feet (no scabs), which the vet assumed was from prior injuries but nothing to worry about.

My question is- do I keep soaking and try to get deeper into this spot in case there is infection hiding deep in there? Or is there a chance this was just raw patch on her foot and what's inside is just tissue. She's very sensitive so I really don't want to keep poking and upsetting her if I can help it.

Hard to get pictures zoomed in enough with a phone, but you can see the area I'm talking about as well as the other bumps on her foot that are just excess tissue. Also a picture of her swaddled for a laugh. My poor girl.

Attachments

• IMG_8260.jpg
    IMG_8260.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8258.jpg
    IMG_8258.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8256.jpg
    IMG_8256.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 20
Do you have clear iodine? I really don't think I'd start digging but the swelling is sure big like bumble. If you can get clear iodine I'd soak in a solution of warm water and Epsom salt [how much ES are you using?] I make it pretty strong for the first couple of soaks. After you have soaked then let it dry and slather on a good bit of clear iodine qtip works good for that, then wrap and keep her from getting her foot wet. [I know hard to do especially this time of year] leave it wrapped for a couple days then post back with a picture you are probably going to have to treat for a while to get this taken care of but this is a start if this doesn't take care of it then we'll think about digging but since your not seeing nothing but tissue. Another option would be to use drawing salve soak then slather on the drawing slave and wrap. wait a few days and lets see what it looks like. What a cute face peaking out. ♥️

Back
Top Bottom