What's going on with my new chick???

figandme

Hatching
Feb 6, 2017
Michigan
Just got this new true ameraucana and she's going through her "feathering out" and looks ragged but is it normal to have such large bald areas or was she getting feather picked before I got her?

Last edited:
If it's not a part of the typical feathering out process what causes this? Ive been giving them high quality food, clean brooder, no over crowding, no one is getting picked on, fresh water with probiotics, I gave them a pan of DE to bath themselves, ACV, and natural electrolytes, they all seem happy and active. It doesn't seem to be getting any worst since they came home but not really any better at the same time. I noticed on this chick pictured above she has the baldness running all the way down her belly in a line like it's been rubbed off but she's not dragging her belly. Her booty area around the vent doesn't have feather coverage either. I have another chick that's about a week older that has the baldness around the vent area too but is feathered out everywhere else. I see no mites or lice either crawling on their skin.

Back
Top Bottom