What's happening?

wkshaddon

Songster
Aug 15, 2019
Lane County Oregon
So my black lace polish got into the medicated chick starter and now she's got her wings and tail fanned out, shes staying low to the ground, breathing heavy, and slowly rotating in circles. What's wrong with her?

So my black lace polish got into the medicated chick starter and now she's got her wings and tail fanned out, shes staying low to the ground, breathing heavy, and slowly rotating in circles. What's wrong with her?
She acts like she can't see...isn't interested in her favorite treats...doesn't want to be touched and she's been doing this for an hour.

Generally speaking, adult hens can eat chick starters, as they are designed to be safe for when they live together. How old is your starter feed? Expired maybe? Also, polishes are kinda slightly birds, so maybe the medication kind of gave her a bit of a knock. I recommend lots of fluids and for sure isolation from other birds for her own safety.

Sounds to me she gulped down to much with enough water and she has a blockage.see If you can feel something in her neck

Back
Top Bottom