Whats in YOUR grower pen?

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
lol I always have a steady stream on different breeds in my grower pen. So I was wondering if I am the only person that hatches and buys chicks monthly? Or are there others like me out there?

So whats in your grower, and or brooder?

Last month it was SLW,GLW,Partridge Cochin, Brahmas, mutts, BLRW.

This month I have in my grower pen,

Mottled Frizzle
Blue Cochins
EE's
White Silkies
Splash Silkie
Australorps
Buff Orp.
Gold Polish
Buff Polish
Silver Polish
WCB Polish

Then in my brooder is,

SQ Light Brahmas
Blue Silkie
EE's

I SERIOUSLY need to take a picture of all my chicks running around. It's crazy. I'm talking like 100 different color chicks, from the grower pen last month that swamp you when you walk outside. Tomorrow I will try to add some.
big_smile.png
Plus the growers, and the brooders... and the layers.

Oh and can't forget my 34 eggs in the incubator that are on day 17!

Grower: 2 Wheaten Ameraucanas
9 BBS Ameraucanas
1 Salmon Faverole

Juvies: 1 Speckled Sussex
2 CA white leghorns
4 Wheaten Ameraucanas
a pair of Golden Cuckoo Marans

Brooders: EEs, My Designers, Silkies, A OEGB banatm, EE bantams, mystery chicks, Polish, A Silver Sebright, 2 Hatchery Mutts, RIRs, and A Mottled Japanese.

Grower: Silver Campines, My designers, A Polish, RIRs, A Production Red, Cochins, EEs, Blue Andalusians.

Yep I think that covers it...maybe. Oh and this year I bought chicks every one or 2 weeks and had back to back hatches. NOT a good idea!!! Im seriously overwhelmed
th.gif
and I might get more next week and I have 16 coming from Ideal the 26
lol.png
barnie.gif
th.gif

Black blue buff splash and project lavender orpingtons. BBS silkies
Cuckoo and black copper marans
Chocolate polish
Partridge cochins

lol sounds like we all have a lot of chicks running around.

The Wold Queen I know how you feel. I have back to back hatches, and I buy chicks about every week or so. lol I'm trying to slow down now though.

At any given time though I have over 100 chicks that are a few days old-a few months old.

But now that I've had all these different breeds, I am starting to see which ones I love and which I could do without.

I think my SLW, and my GLW may find new homes in the next few months.

The rest are mostly for me to keep! lol
celebrate.gif

No more chicks here. I have more than enough 8 week old chickens to keep me amused and I'm waiting to see how much demand there is for the eggs I'll be getting in a few months.

I'm thinking about practicing "All-in, All-out" which means no more chicks unless heaven forbid I have to cull the whole flock.

Back
Top Bottom