What's on your night table?

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
My daughter and I love books. I usually have a stack of books on my night table and am usually reading two or three at a time. Currently I'm reading "Hunt for the Skinwalker" by Colm Kelleher & George Knapp. Kinda spooky and interesting.

I prefer non-fiction, whereas she likes science fiction/fantasy. My bedside table I have lined up to read next: Diary of a Drug Fiend by Aliester Crowley, Alfterlife Encounters by Dianne Arcangel, her real name! And Growing Up Haunted by Alexandra Holzer.

What's everyone reading these days?

My night table -

The phone, a basket filled with letters and cards from my family and friends, cell phone charger, whatnots from my kids, a couple books, lip balm, a box of kleenex.

The books I have no idea the title LOL Soemthing the kids or my husband gave me that I am obligated to love forever and a day.

My bookcase if filled with hundreds of books though.

Last edited:
Mine has a lamp, a clock radio, telephone and cell phone, coaster, my glasses (so I don't lose them), the tv remote, and a hand tooled leather box my dad made for my mom in the 40's which holds a lot of little treasures.
The books are all on hubby's nightstand.

My cell phone & charger, my Nintendo DS & charger, a bink or two, so we don't have to search when the baby can't find his, my Bible, kleenex, and the Good Manners Princess collection of books. It's what I read to the kids last night before bed. Also, the remote, my reading glasses, and the control for my heating pad.

Em

Mine has a sweet horse lamp, an alarm clock, I don't use the alarm.[it has a projecter!], a remote to my tv, a picture of a memory at fair a few years ago, a pedicure set thing ma bob, and that's about it.

Hey Nupine,
Like chocolate cake? I bake this for my Veggie friends, they all like it.
I got it from a friend, that got it from a friend etc...

Veggie Chock Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Oil two 9-inch round cake pans and line bottoms with parchment paper

Ingredients:

1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 c. unbleached white flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/2 c. plus 2 T. Dutch process cocoa (a/k/a "unsweetened" cocoa)
1/2 c. maple sugar (or other organic dry sugar)
1/2 c. canola oil
1 c. pure maple syrup
1 c. vanilla soymilk, ricemilk, or oatmilk (not Eighth Continent brand; any other brand
is fine)
1 c. water
2 tsp. balsamic or apple cider vinegar
1 T. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract

1. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl: flours, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, cocoa, and sugar. Stir with a wire whisk to mix.

2. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients with a wire whisk until foamy: oil, maple syrup, vegetable-based milk (vanilla-flavored), water, vinegar, and extracts.

3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently but thoroughly until the batter is smooth. The batter will be thin. Pour the batter into pans, dividing evenly, and bake on center rack of the preheated oven for 25 to 30 min. or until the center of the cake springs back when lightly touched or a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.

4. Cool cake layers in pans on wire cooling racks for 10 min. Use a dinner knife to release cakes from sides of pans. Turn layers out of pans directly onto racks. Cool completely. Wrap layers tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate before assembling cake.

Back
Top Bottom