What's on your wish list for spring 2012?

Quote:
x2
lol.png

Heather you are just mean. I just purchased a big 'ol Houdan cross a little while ago, the family would kill me if I got another rooster, . . . But he sounds like something I really need!
th.gif
Not for purebred purposes though.

Sizzles and partridge silkies. I am planning on buying a sizzle next month, and then some sizzle and silkie eggs in the spring!
wee.gif
Oh, and EE, but those will be from my flock.

Quote:
I've always wanted turkeys but DH says no....unless we eat them.
roll.png
I don't think I could...not after seeing how friendly and cute they are.
hmm.png

Oh, they are TOTALLY friendly! I was lucky enough to buy two poults at a flea market, and I got a male and a female. So, my husband is getting a bit irritated because I don't want to eat them. But they're just so beautiful! And sweet too. Clyde is very dramatic when he displays those gorgous white feathers with the black trim......He's just beautiful. I consider them to be ornamental.

They're these big teddy bears as far as I'm concerned. Gentle giants! I say, if my husband was the person who cared for my flock, then he could tell me what to do, but I clean up after them, feed them, and so I'm the boss of the flock!
wink.png

I found someone close to me who has bantam araucana's, so I'll be contacting them about some eggs in spring. If I can't get those, I want blue wheaten or wheaten bantam ameraucanas. I'm cutting back on my chickens I have now, and am planning on a flock of purebred whichever of the breeds above I get, and keeping a few of the chickens I have now to breed EE with.

Back
Top Bottom