What's temps to set digital thermostat to?

Deryk

Songster
Jun 12, 2017
Middle Tennessee
I have a digital thermostat on the way to refine the temps in my incubator from the manual one in the hova-bator.

I am hoping someone here has worked out the numbers already that can give me a starting point for setting mine up for best performance.

Below are my observations, if you see anything that looks incorrect please point it out for me.

The optimal internal temperature of the eggs is 99.5.

The wafer thermostat for the hova-bator 1602 has a temperature differential of about 4 degrees F. Mine starts heating at about 98 and kicks off at 102 to keep the temperature in the incubator at the average temperature of 99-100.

The smallest temperature differential that I can program into the digital thermostat is 1.0 degree. Based on the temps required observed manually I don't think it's as simple as 99.0 as the low and 100.0 as the high to achieve the 99.5 average. Has anyone already worked this out themselves and found the sweet spot to set the high/low?

I used this temp controller with sensor only cost $13 on Amazon .I'm starting to incubate tomorrow going to set temp to stay between 99.5°f and 101°f.
51Bc2cZLy9L._SL1000_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom