what's the best/helthiest feed to give ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by showjumper_girl2002, Aug 27, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    i'm new to owning ducks and have 2 scovy ducklings that are a week and a half old. right now they're on chick starter (non medicated) but what is the best feed to give them as adults so they don't get angel wing and have all the necessary vitamins etc? they're my babies and i want to make sure they stay healthy and happy [​IMG]

2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    I feed mine Flock raiser until they start to feather in then I switch to Lay Crumbles since it has less protien, (I had issues with Angel wing) Since I switch them I havent had a single muscovy get angel wing.... '

Ryan

3. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    thanks! any other opinions? being new i need as much help as possible [​IMG]

4. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Well I know some may give me a sassin [​IMG] , but I feed mine CORN! I've had ducks for 8 years, hatched out MANY birds, and after they finish the chick starter they go on corn. I have never had health issues, never had even seen or heard of this 'angel wing' til I joined BYC, and my fertility has been great! But I also mix flax and fresh veggies in too (corn is the base), but the corn I found is the cheapest, most successful food I have ever fed my ducks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by