What's the best ratio?

A few hens to one rooster is usually fine depending on the rooster...if you a want all eggs to be fertile you want no more than 15 hens per rooster.

As long as the rooster are not being to ruff that should be fine. Have you had them together for a while?
A long long time, unforuntly one rooster picks on the other all the time! I try to separate them but the one that get's picked on all the time immediately try's to get back to the other Rooster??????

Some roosters just don't get along...unfortunately. I would suggest getting rid of one. Definitely not to many hens for one rooster.

Some roosters just don't get along...unfortunately. I would suggest getting rid of one. Definitely not to many hens for one rooster.
Oh, thats so sad. One rooster is two year's old and is the nicest friendliest Rooster ever though he's mean to the other he's mixed between a Buff orpington and a Rhode island red and he is larger then a jersey giant! His daddy is the one he's picking on but we've had him for 3 years. The younger rooster was fine with his dad until a couple months back. I've had both for so long but if it's for the best then i'll do what need's to be done :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

That’s normal for males.Its normal for the dominate to run the subordinate off.11 hens probably isn’t enough for two.Maybe invest in five young hens?Something for the subordinate rooster.Do they free range?Does the rooster being picked on have space to get away?

That’s normal for males.Its normal for the dominate to run the subordinate off.11 hens probably isn’t enough for two.Maybe invest in five young hens?Something for the subordinate rooster.Do they free range?Does the rooster being picked on have space to get away?
They do free range, but the rooster's like to stay togther. We invested into 15 hen's and they all died from MG or merek's so we cant bring anymore until the rest pass........ I'm just giving them the best life they can have while they are still alive :(

Back
Top Bottom