Whats the most beautiful chicken you have ever seen ?

Silver and Golden Sebright Bantam roosters:
AE55A307-92F8-40BA-8860-E3002A289CEA.jpeg
DC29B632-EB90-4B1C-89D8-2B1AE337E5FC.jpeg

Out of my own chickens, it was this boy...Sergeant....he was so proud, had amazing poise, a beautiful grey lilac colour and was as gentle as a lamb. He used to actually make me tearful, he was so gorgeous. He may not have had lots of different colours or markings but he was a sight to behold and these pictures just cannot do him justice....
SERGEANT 5.JPG

SERGEANT 6.JPG

Out of my own chickens, it was this boy...Sergeant....he was so proud, had amazing poise, a beautiful grey lilac colour and was as gentle as a lamb. He used to actually make me tearful, he was so gorgeous. He may not have had lots of different colours or markings but he was a sight to behold and these pictures just cannot do him justice.... View attachment 1250001

View attachment 1250000
Exactly what I am talking about ! Such a wave of emotion sweeps over you ..

This Black Rosecomb caught my eye at the Newton county (MO) fair:
View attachment 1249978
And this buff laced (?) Polish at the Girard county (KS) fair...(we go to all the fairs,lol)
View attachment 1249981
wow wow . the green in the black just radiates health. The polish, excuse my spelling ,is a cookoo split to gold laced or split to tolbunt and one of my favorite breeds.

We want pictures ! Have you ever been rambling through the threads and ran up on a chicken that just made you freeze in your spot and possible even a tear slip out sideways ? I did, Today . Lets see your OMG moments with breed if possible .
This is Eleanor and every time I look through my pictures and see her face I can’t help but shed a few tears. I rescued Eleanor from slaughter when she was only a month old but she lived 7 months as a happy and healthy chicken before passing from depression after I had to rehome my whole flock.
3C8D90FE-0EA5-4CDB-98DA-BA5D6D1BDB7E.jpeg

OMG if ONLY could find what I saw at a county fair in southern Virginia 2 or 3 years ago (before ever had own flock)....
It had feathers about the head and neck that truly had the look and shine of brushed gold!!!
Anyone seen such?? PLEEEZ tell!! :drool:bow:love
...note that that fair removed the showing of chickens since then due to disease risks :hit
hmm, Gold laced polish rooster maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom