What's the name of your chicken coop? "Chicken" Hilton here

Quote:
Sounds great! Now, when can I sign my hens up and how long can they stay?
tongue.png
They could use a nice little vacation at a fancy facility,,,
lau.gif

I have spent all day chuckling over these names. We just moved onto our 2 acres in June . I've been mulling over Joyful Alternative for us (old hippy couple trying to go off the grid and as green as possible) and House of Joy for the coop. Only have Doghouse in garge right now but hopefully expanding next year to include rooster.
lau.gif
Oh and my name is Joy. DH just raises his eyebrows.

Our coop name? Coop de Ville.

It's almost the same shade of green as the walls in our family room; so you can look out the window and have a sense of design continuity.
gig.gif

Last edited:
I was thinking of naming mine the Omelet house after reading this thread, altho I might change it a little. There used to be a resort nearby called the Flying M Ranch that is now closed, but was very well known among the locals. I thought about tweaking that just a bit and calling my coop 'The Flying Omelet' or 'The Flying Omelet Ranch.' I could steal their logo/brand of the letter M with wings and do the letter O with wings...

that and the flying omelet just sounds comical, and fits my personality...
wink.png

After a friend of mine helped me name one of my chicks "Paris Chilton" I of course had to name the 2 story coop the "Chilton Hotel". I now have an old piece of reclaimed barn wood attached to the top of my coop with the name "Chilton Hotel" carved in it with a chain saw ;o)

I have named my coop The Egg Crate, The coop was built from a large packing crate and my girls love laying their eggs in the new nest boxes. The whole run and the hutches are called Peep Town.

Quote:
Well? Don't leave us hanging.... how did you spell 'henhouse".

And while we are on the subject of spelling....

One of the kids in the 4-H group I lead brought a litter of kittens to a fund raiser we did. He was hoping to find good homes for the kittens.

He even made a sign. Lots of people looked at the kittens and stopped to read the sign, but nobody wanted to take one home.

It wasn't until one of the 4-H parents stopped to read the sign that we figured why there were no takers. Apparently the youngster was distracted before he finished the sign because it read:

"Free Kittens To A Good Ho"
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom