What's the name of your chicken coop? "Chicken" Hilton here

Quote:
Ha! That's awesome
big_smile.png

I am working on painting my signs to put on my coop, we are leaning either toward Eggs-Mart or Clucks-a-Lot Cottage

I am painting a house sign that says 101 Hen Pen Lane

And I am painting a sign above the nest box it will read

Hen-Pen Hen-Pen on her nest
Hen-Pen Hen-Pen doing her best

These names are great!! I never thought of naming the coop until I saw this thread. I'm trying to think of something clever. I saw an episode of Bones last night and the place was called Cluckstown Farms.

I'm thinking maybe Urban Roost, after a story in the literacy book for my third graders about how wild birds make their homes in downtown areas, on skyscrapers, etc.

the Dust bowl?

??? Still thinking.

big_smile.png

"Fort Birdy" Wood frame lean to against a barn. Hardware cloth buried 12 inches into soils at borders. 2x4 14 guage fenceing with an over lay of chicken wire. 1/4 inch hardware cloth over all other fencing up 2 ft. The whole chicken house and run surrounded by 2x4 field fencing.
38332_img_1353.jpg

38332_img_1350.jpg

38332_img_1367.jpg

38332_img_1358.jpg

I have 3 coops to name. We've been calling them the small (bantams), medium (11 week olds), and the big girl coops. Now that I have most of the work done I'd like to fancy them up with some names. I have places for the names to go but am still coming up with names. The coops are located in the same area (the backyard/woods) with different runs for each.
The "small" coop I made from my kids plastic playhouse. It now has a covered deck and a roost pole that I call their patio. I think I'd like to give it some type of "cottage" name.
The medium's have a covered feeding station I built that we call the saloon. The kids think that it looks western and want a cowboy theme. I have 2 light brahmas in this coop who remind me of eagles trying to run...very funny sight:D. So, I'm thinking of something like Running Eagle Ranch.
I just don't know what to call the big girl's coop.

I loved reading everyone's coop names! They are all too funny! I was motivated to name mine, too, and just finished and hung the sign this morning.

61848_dsc00452.jpg

Back
Top Bottom