Whats the price of eggs in store where U live????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by springviews, Jul 24, 2008.

1. springviews

springviews Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    Here in the midwest $2.00-2.69 a dozen for white eggs.Last November .98 cents a dozen what a HIKE...Let me know prices near your city,have a good week.

2. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    $1 a doz this week for large white eggs, on sale. Down from $1.59 in NE Ohio, about 20 mins from Cleveland.

3. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    1.88 for a dozen commercial white crippy eggs at Wally World.

Wish I had bought stock in Cal Maine Egg Company.......two weeks ago 28 a share........today........39 a share..........Priceless.

BTW......egg prices are down here..........just the chicken feed is up...[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Charlene

Charlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    You guys are lucky...

In San Jose, California:
    Cheapest dozen I can find is $1.69 at the weird Asian Market (I am Asian but this place is weird).
    At the Safeway, if you buy the 18 pack it's $3.50 on sale.
    If you buy free range or organic it's about $4/dozen, unless I make a special trip to Trader Joe's where it's $2.79/daozen.

Last year I could get a dozen for $0.99

Don't even ask me about milk!

That is one of the reason I got my hens. They are great though, I'm glad I have them.

5. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    It's about $2.50-3.00 here for a dozen eggs, and $3.00-4.50 for the cage free organic eggs(which are the only ones we buy if we NEED eggs). Thank god for the chickens.

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Seattle area - Trader Joe's is cheapest (I don't do Wal-Mart) at $1.79/doz. Safeway is closer to $2.50/doz.

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

wow, you folks are looking good on the egg department, here at Hannaford in Oxford, Me the eggs are going up towards $3.89!!!!

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i'm not sure cuz i get my eggs delivered in a little coop out back now....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by