What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
They look really fun. The black ones look especially like Spitzhaubens. They also look quite large?
They’re very large. Long thick legs not heavy bodied the way brahmas are though. They also mature freakishly fast. Very calm birds. I’ve got over 100 chickens and these are the only breed that strictly stay to themselves.

This looks to be a Lavender Ameraucana and a Sapphire Gem :)
Yep Lavender Ameraucana and a isbar
I really want Isabel English Orpingtons. I ordered eggs unfortunately none of them are developing. 🫤 been incubator for about seven days know. I think they have gotten scrabbled in the post.
I have great news the breeder I got the eggs from is going to send me more for the cost of shipping. So happy it get another chance! 🤞🏻😃

They’re very large. Long thick legs not heavy bodied the way brahmas are though. They also mature freakishly fast. Very calm birds. I’ve got over 100 chickens and these are the only breed that strictly stay to themselves.
I really want them, and other big breeds, but I would worry about a nine pound Long Crower or evan a six pound Dominique roo on one of my little one pound Pyncheon hens. What does everyone think about that?

Our rarest breed is Dominiques, four pullets and a cockerel. Here's what I found about them:

Dominiques are considered a "heritage" breed of chicken in that they've been around for hundreds of years and are now critically endangered. Some people can't tell the difference between a Dominique and a Barred Rock, but the trained eye will notice that Dominques have a rose comb versus the Barred Rock's single comb.

Source: MyPetChicken.com

We chose this breed partly for their striped good looks and camouflage (we free range our flock part of the day), and partly for that rose comb, which is virtually impervious to frostbite. They are calm and personable, and forage well. They are also sexable at hatch.

Our rarest breed is Dominiques, four pullets and a cockerel. Here's what I found about them:

Dominiques are considered a "heritage" breed of chicken in that they've been around for hundreds of years and are now critically endangered. Some people can't tell the difference between a Dominique and a Barred Rock, but the trained eye will notice that Dominques have a rose comb versus the Barred Rock's single comb.

Source: MyPetChicken.com

We chose this breed partly for their striped good looks and camouflage (we free range our flock part of the day), and partly for that rose comb, which is virtually impervious to frostbite. They are calm and personable, and forage well. They are also sexable at hatch.
I want Dominiques!
They are also called Pilgrim Fowl, because they are thought to be the first American breed.

Back
Top Bottom