What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Probably my beloved silkied Cochin bantams, but thankfully they are coming out of obscurity in recent years and becoming less scarce. :yesss:
what?! I literally just posted a few seconds ago, amazed after learning that silked Ameraucanas are a thing... and now I see there are silked cochins too!? how cool.

what?! I literally just posted a few seconds ago, amazed after learning that silked Ameraucanas are a thing... and now I see there are silked cochins too!? how cool.
You can get some siloed Ameraucanas from Sandhill preservation. They don’t sell them as their own thing, but you do have the chance of getting some when you get some lavender Ameraucanas since their line carries the Silkie gene.

Indeed there are. 😁

Myrtle.jpg
Zeke.jpg

You can get some siloed Ameraucanas from Sandhill preservation. They don’t sell them as their own thing, but you do have the chance of getting some when you get some lavender Ameraucanas since their line carries the Silkie gene.

I'll have to keep this in mind for when I can house them! I'd love to be able to preserve silkied Ameraucanas as well! :love

Back
Top Bottom