What's the smallest bantam breed?

OneCrazyCowgirl

Songster
7 Years
Oct 20, 2012
H&B Hens (My Flock) Texas
Yes I know seramas. But they aren't technically a breed yet.
I want to know some other bantam breeds. I have an OEGB and shes about as tall as a coke can. She is smaller than most seramas and I wanted her to have a little buddy. Any ideas?

Seramas are a breed, according to the American Bantam Association. The American Poultry Association, however, does not recognize them yet.

The Dutch Bantam is the smallest bantam recognized by the APA. They weight about 20oz each, and the females stand maybe six or so inches high. The males are taller.

Any pictures?
The birds in my avatar are Dutch Bantams. Their variety is Light-Brown.
smile.png

Seramas are a breed, according to the American Bantam Association. The American Poultry Association, however, does not recognize them yet.

The Dutch Bantam is the smallest bantam recognized by the APA. They weight about 20oz each, and the females stand maybe six or so inches high. The males are taller.

One of the things I always enjoy about this site is that there are so many people willing to state factual information that's wrong. The APA admitted White Seramas to the Standard in 2012.
Standard weights are: cocks, 16 oz; hens 14 oz; cockerels 14 oz; pullets 12 oz. Considerably smaller than OEGBs or Dutch Bantams.

Last edited:
are they friendly? They sure are cute!
Yes, they're very friendly.
smile.png
The hens make adorable chirring noises, have extremely soft feathers, and go crazy over mealworms. The cocks are always extremely nice to their hens, though they do ensure that the hens are always laying fertile eggs. Sometimes, the males attack humans when they perceive them as a threat, but a little 21oz. cock isn't very frightening when it slams into your leg.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom