What's The "Smartest" Thing You've Seen a Chicken Do?

This is Nova, my bantam black rose comb rooster. He's a bright boy, and quite endearing. I got him free from Craigslist along with two other bantam roosters. After a long trip home in a cat carrier, he was released into the coop/run. The other two went to meet the other chickens. Nova turned around, hopped onto my knee, then my shoulder, and started talking to me and grooming my hair. He rides in the car with me, knows his name, and taps the side of my covered cups to ask for a drink. He also talks when people talk to him... he even crowed on request for the Starbucks barista. :)

This is Nova, my bantam black rose comb rooster. He's a bright boy, and quite endearing. I got him free from Craigslist along with two other bantam roosters. After a long trip home in a cat carrier, he was released into the coop/run. The other two went to meet the other chickens. Nova turned around, hopped onto my knee, then my shoulder, and started talking to me and grooming my hair. He rides in the car with me, knows his name, and taps the side of my covered cups to ask for a drink. He also talks when people talk to him... he even crowed on request for the Starbucks barista. :)
LOL. It sounds like he loves hanging out with you.

I have a 3 1/2 year old BA named Tillie. That is her in my avatar at a few months old. She is a very smart bird. She knows her name when called. But she has learned that when I am in the coop and the wind is blowing, the coop door is going to blow open and she will stand there and wait for it to open just enough for her to sneak out. She only does this when the wind is blowing and when I am in with them. I will be milling around with the rest of the birds in the run and there she is waiting at the door. LOL Then it will blow open and she sneaks out and the others just can't figure out how she got out to free range and they are stuck inside!

Taps on the cup when he wants a drink lol

Back
Top Bottom