What's The "Smartest" Thing You've Seen a Chicken Do?

my female cohen a year old stayed at my front door (OF THE HOUSE) waiting for me to open it so she can come in and go sit on her last serviving baby that i had taken from her because my turkey killed each and every one of them and almost killed her last one.

My "other" roo, Otis, refuses to crow or grow rooster-tail feathers in hopes that I will not notice he IS actually a roo, and possibly send him to freezer camp. But seriously, he is way too sweet to remove from the gene pool, altho he is just a hatchery bird, as is his brother, Mylo. Any one in NE Mississippi need a Barred Rock roo for replacement of a meanie? I really don't need 3 of them, lol.

Although I am not the original poster of this thread, I will keep commenting on new smart chicken stories to encourage as many people to contribute as possible. There have been almost 3000 views of the thread so far, but only around 80 some post. So maybe chickens don't act like egg heads very often, but I still like reading the stories of those chickens who demonstrate some smarts.

UPDATE! Otis the roo actually did crow yesterday! It was cool, he has a "crisper," higher pitch crow than Mylo does. Otis crowed twice yesterday while I was in the coop so I know it was him.

Back
Top Bottom