Whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten??

Rocky mountain oysters.
sickbyc.gif
I found it odd and did not really like it too much. Raw clams, but that's not really weird. Lots of people I know have tried them. Ummmm thinking...fish cheek and tongue. It's ok but I wouldn't want it everyday. Ox tail stew. Now that was different. I have some funky friends that make odd dishes.
th.gif
My next thing to try on the list is snake.
ep.gif
I would have done ok on fear factor on eating weird stuff. One more thing I did not like that is weird, fish eggs. I do not like fish eggs.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
Nasty stuff.
sickbyc.gif

Me and my d--- typos!!!

Last edited:
I had grasshopper tacos in Mexico, as well as rattle snake and iguana.

The grasshoppers were crunchy, cooked with garlic, tasty. The only problem was the legs get caught between your teeth!

Carmel

it has got to be eathier haggis which is like a pig filled stomach or what they called pudding in ireland it was deep fried pig blood it was actually preatty tastey tho

I don't suppose a chicken mcnugget would count.

How 'bout tartare that wasn't supposed to be...it was just a REALLY undercooked roast. My MIL wasted a yummy aged Whole Foods roast by not cooking it through. I like medium rare, but not bloody and cold.

sickbyc.gif

Good thing this isn't a contest because I'd never win! I do love sushi. I've eaten raw oysters but could take 'em or leave 'em. I adore good caviar. I ate moose and bear in Alaska. The oddest thing was probably reindeer sausage. It was pink and all I could think about was Rudolph's nose! It was tasty though. I love love love Scrapple but it's hard to find here. I have friends who travel to PA several times a year and they always bring me back some.

I have eaten kangaroo. We have a fall festival in Evansville. Ind. and they always have a weird food every year. I thought it tasted like beef. Norman

I ate breaded & fried alligator tail. Didn't taste like chicken, it tasted like pork. Not bad with sweet and sour dipping sauce.

I've had stewed squirrel (don't like it much really)
Fried frog legs
Italian Tripe stew (which is very good if the tripe is cooked enough so it isn't rubbery but not so much that its mushy.)
I've had pickled baby octopus in an Italian antipasto (pretty darn good!) & fried calimari.
Ostrich sloppy joes
My mother liked to make fried rabbit in tomatos, and that was always good.
Kishka (not sure of the actual spelling). Its a Polish blood sausage. Not too crazy about that, but it was OK.

Never knowingly ate bugs though.

Back
Top Bottom