What's this growth on my hen's foot?

Raptae

Chirping
Mar 14, 2023
Hey...I have a problem. Cluckers has some growth on her foot. I'm not 100% positive what is it, but I think she has bumble foot. Is it something else or is it bumblefoot? I need to treat this. 😢
Also...whatever it is, how do I treat it? She got cut by something too. It's only on the bump. The webbing is intact.
20230418_153934.jpg

Hey...I have a problem. Cluckers has some growth on her foot. I'm not 100% positive what is it, but I think she has bumble foot. Is it something else or is it bumblefoot? I need to treat this. 😢
Also...whatever it is, how do I treat it? She got cut by something too. It's only on the bump. The webbing is intact.View attachment 3472587
By the way, the cut was very recent. She didn't have a cut when she was in her bed. She got the cut while she was outside.

Agreed need pictures of the bottom of her feet. It looks like compacted foot pockets in between the toes.
Need to see pictures of the bottom of the feet. From the top the left one (the birds left- the right side of the picture) looks to be swollen between the toes, the other looks normal.
Cluckers DEFINITELY has bumble foot. She has it bad. I just took a pair of tweezers and pulled that growth out. It was easy to remove too. Now I just need to soak it in Epsom salt and clean it out with antibacterial spray. I might have to snip the dead skin off too. I never seen this before. I only looked it up today.

Cluckers DEFINITELY has bumble foot. She has it bad. I just took a pair of tweezers and pulled that growth out. It was easy to remove too. Now I just need to soak it in Epsom salt and clean it out with antibacterial spray. I might have to snip the dead skin off too. I never seen this before. I only looked it up today.
It was like removing a thorn.
The growth was as hard as a rock. It was like toe nail.

Sorry it took hours for me to answer back. I was reading into treatments and the grades of bumblefoot.

It was like removing a thorn.
The growth was as hard as a rock. It was like toe nail.
Please post photos!

Sounds like you pulled poop balls from the webbing of the foot instead of Bumblefoot infection.
I would not snip anything unless you are certain that it's something that needs to be snipped.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...acted-pockets-in-chickens-toe-webbing.950954/

Back
Top Bottom