What's up with this Cayuga?

duckduckcaboose

Chirping
Jun 13, 2019
Hi!
My new ducklings arrived yesterday and the cayuga duckling seems so feisty. She is constantly chasing and biting the wings and feet of the other ducklings even my 2 week old silver appleyard. Here's a video. Any thoughts? It seems like more than pecking order ducky banter, but I don't know.

He is a feisty little guy, Keeping them occupied may help with the fighting, hanging treat balls, putting treats in water or sometimes i'll lay a piece of sod in their brooder, just make sure to provide grit with all of the above if you do any of them. How big is their brooder? Providing plenty of space should help as well.

He is a feisty little guy, Keeping them occupied may help with the fighting, hanging treat balls, putting treats in water or sometimes i'll lay a piece of sod in their brooder, just make sure to provide grit with all of the above if you do any of them. How big is their brooder? Providing plenty of space should help as well.
Thanks! I opened up access to the big brooder and that seems to be helping the others escape a bit more. The cayuga is just so relentless. They are only a few days old so I cranked the heat up in my bedroom so hopefully that keeps them from getting a chill. I'll still put them in the small brooder at night though I think.
20200402_111532.jpg

Back
Top Bottom