What's wrong with her?

KEITHHobbyguy13

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2022
T=Yesterday my chicken started just standing around and acting very lethargic. it stood in the sun and even through a rain storm. At dusk she made her way to the coop but only flew to the lowest roost, she normally roost at the higher levels. Today she got out of the coop foraged a bit ate and drank water but an hour later she is just standing there again not wanting to move. I noticed her feather were not as well groomed as normal but she is still laying eggs. I am in South Louisiana and we are experiencing a heat wave with highs in the high 90's with 60-70% humidity. Does anyone have any guesses?

T=Yesterday my chicken started just standing around and acting very lethargic. it stood in the sun and even through a rain storm. At dusk she made her way to the coop but only flew to the lowest roost, she normally roost at the higher levels. Today she got out of the coop foraged a bit ate and drank water but an hour later she is just standing there again not wanting to move. I noticed her feather were not as well groomed as normal but she is still laying eggs. I am in South Louisiana and we are experiencing a heat wave with highs in the high 90's with 60-70% humidity. Does anyone have any guesses?
IMG_1101.jpg

What do ner poops look like? Can you give her some Poultry NutriDrench or electrolytes? Is she drinking water or eating? She might be starting to molt, since her feathers are looking that way. But she may be dehydrated and I would get her drinking water with electeolytes. Mix a bit of water in a small bowl of her feed could also get more fluids into her. Do you have plenty of shade around your chicken coop and run? Large flat pans of water can be placed around the run for them to stand in to cool off during heat of summer.

What do ner poops look like? Can you give her some Poultry NutriDrench or electrolytes? Is she drinking water or eating? She might be starting to molt, since her feathers are looking that way. But she may be dehydrated and I would get her drinking water with electeolytes. Mix a bit of water in a small bowl of her feed could also get more fluids into her. Do you have plenty of shade around your chicken coop and run? Large flat pans of water can be placed around the run for them to stand in to cool off during heat of summer.
poop appears normal Plenty of shade actually all shade in the run they were out yesterday free ranging that's when I found her in the sun standing there. I will go grab some electrolytes after church and try that

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom