What's wrong with his bill?

Debby Duck

Songster
Jul 5, 2020
South Florida
First the dark line appeared at the top, then the discoloration. Is those anything to to concerned about? See photo

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230219_181335.jpg
    20230219_181335.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 6
A few of my ducks have that line on the end, I’m not sure what it is, possibly a bruise, but my ducks have lived for a long time with them and have been totally fine and acting totally normal. As far as the discoloration, does it feel like a different texture? Sometimes ducks bills will shed little pieces of the top coat off. Again I’m no professional but hoping my input helps.

First the dark line appeared at the top, then the discoloration. Is those anything to to concerned about? See photo

Thanks
I agree the line may be a bruise- the discoloration Im not sure. It may possibly be his bill shedding the outa layer. They do that sometimes. Does it look like it's peeling? Does it feel the same as the rest of the beak?

Thank you. I thought I'd seen other ducks with this line before but wasn't sure. I haven't been able to try and feel the area to check that. My ducks are so nervous, and this one is the worst. He won't let me near him if he suspects I'll try to touch him. So I'll have to try and trick him.

I don't see any peeling. Maybe that will come at some point tough. And otherwise he seems fine. So I guess I'll just keep an eye on it for now.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom