What's wrong with Igor??

hatchaholic

Songster
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
South Carolina
Igor is about 5.5 weeks old, and came in a batch from Ideal, along with 13 other chicks. S/he never looked quite right.... S/he holds its head kinda crooked. It almost looks like his/her wings are misaligned.

I will try to post a picture, but was wondering if anyone has heard of this before??

Okay, I'm going to try and post these pics. Hope it works...

13523_igor4.jpg

13523_igor3.jpg

Like I said, Igor has always looked "different". However, the chick eats okay and seems to have no problems, just looks weird.

This is only our 2nd batch of chicks, so I'm still real new at this. Any ideas?

Also, if Igor is a roo, should we not breed him?

Poor, poor Igor. He's / she's got knowing eyes. The curve looks like scoliosis. of upper spine. Congenital or injury? I wouldn't breed him if Igor is a he. Hope Igor is a Igora for egg laying for eggs. I don't know if chickens get arthiritis.

I had chicks that got a virus during their first two weeks. One ended up with her neck a little off. She's doing OK now.... one of my Partridge Rocks.

Igor(a) was shipped to me at 1 day old, and s/he's never shown signs of being sick. So, I was thinking that it was probably some kind of conginital injury. S/he has looked strange from the beginning, but it's really starting to become apparent now.

If it were to be something along the lines of scoleosis, would s/he be able to live a somewhat normal life? Wonder how much worse it will get??
hu.gif

aaawwww poor cute little Igor. I think it worsening would depend on whether or not it is degenerative. If it is, then it will get worse as time goes on.

As long as Igor is hapy and healthy, let S/he be Igor. What a cutie pie. Good luck to you and Igor.

I posted these pictures earlier, but wanted to post one more time to see if anyone had any suggestions/comments.

I have no problem in keeping Igor around, as long as he is not suffering. Not sure how bad this can get, and wondering if he eventually may not be able to get around??

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

It's probably fine. It looks like a birth deformaty. If the bird is eating and drinking and acting otherwise fine, I would just enjoy it. If it starts acting like it's in pain, then that is another story.

Back
Top Bottom