what's wrong with my chicken?

hpedley

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 6, 2010
Hi
Don't know if anyone can help one of my chickens has not been well on and off for a couple of weeks. She has been going lame which I thought might be bumble foot. She has had anti biotics. The problem seems to come and can come on suddenly. I sat watching her the other day and she was fine than 1 minute latter she couldn't walk very well. Today she can hardly balance and is using her wing to steady herself. I have also noticed her comb has gone deep red and is swollen today. Both the other hens are fine.
Any suggestions would be great

Thanks Hayley

Sorry Hayley I don't know what that would be. But I will bump you to the top to see if anyone else knows. Welcome to backyard chickens!

Hayley if you are still having trouble try posting again with a more specific title like "chicken can't balance", "swollen comb and lameness" or "intermittent lameness" as see if you get a better response. best of luck, I know it's always hard when a chicken is sick.
Also I think bumblefoot is from an infected foot isn't it? In which case does she have any cuts openings etc with her foot/leg?

Back
Top Bottom